• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photo enlargement for wall mural.

Jonzed

What is the best way to take a 12inch photo and enlarge it to 8ft for a wall mural without losing so much resolution? I cant get on1 to work properly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

visual800

What is the best way to take a 12inch photo and enlarge it to 8ft for a wall mural without losing so much resolution? I cant get on1 to work properly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Scan it in at about 600dpi that should work fine for what you are doing assuming the picture is clean and vivid

Dennis422

ON1 photo, with Perfect resize.
I use that and then use Photoshop and enlarge photo by no more than 10% multiple time with enlargement setting on.
I did 3-4 murals like that without any issues.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
From the ON1 website: "Industry standard for photo enlargements using Genuine Fractals"

Looks like its actually the Genuine Fractals software that's doing the resizing -- so, if you already have that. We got it with a Microtek scanner.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Maybe the original image (even though it is 12") just aint ever going to work out that large. OnOne is great software for enlargements, I use it all the time.