• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

photo impact printer

Welder.man

Has anyone had any experience with a Roland MPX-60 photo impact
printer?

I have to option to buy one for about $400 it is complete and
has about 70 blanks.

I guess it was made about 2004-05 I do not know the
history, but it works and I am told it's fine.

Is there much that can go
wrong or wear out with these? Do the needles need replacing?

I think it
would be a good addition to the services we offer.

amw

Longtime Members
Has anyone had any experience with a Roland MPX-60 photo impact
printer?

I have to option to buy one for about $400 it is complete and
has about 70 blanks.

I guess it was made about 2004-05 I do not know the
history, but it works and I am told it's fine.

Is there much that can go
wrong or wear out with these? Do the needles need replacing?

I think it
would be a good addition to the services we offer.
We dont have one...but, I am pretty sure the head gets replaced after a while. Not sure how long they last though. I think the part(s) are listed on rolands website if you want to price parts.
Sounds like a good price to me if everything works and is all there.

Tony

kanini

We have the MPX-70, bought used just for fun. It really gives nice pics on jewellery and pendants, and the result is a very special product with almost a holographic appearence. Very appreciated as a gift and with the right pictures and right settings the result is really good looking.

The head is replaceable (at least on the -70 and up) and the pins last a very long time, I think Roland said 30.000 pendants but if it lasts the half of it, that's many... The machines use a program called head manager where it shows how much used the pins are, and mine hasn't even showed the first dot of usage at this point. Although, you could very esily break the pin if you engrave to or over the edge on the pendant or if you have a hole in the material. Be sure to check how many remaining pins there is, you can get a "test print" (in head manager) from these also as from an ordinary printer to show you the remaining pins and the status of them.

For hobbyist use the -60 would be good but if you plan on doing larger runs and/or sell this stuff a lot I'd suggest move up to the -80 or -90, since they are even more enhanced and easier to use.

Overall a fun little machine, but it takes a bit of time and trial and error to get the desired results the first time, after you get the first ones out you get the hang of it and it's easy to produce nice jewellery and stuff.