• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photo of power cord for Seal Ultra 62 S

njsignguy

Hello, i bought this machine used and they gave me the power cord with the electrical outlet to use with it. I was able to use the machine once and then i left it powered on when i walked away from it. The machine was never able to turn on again. I think i have a bad power supply now because i can smell a burnt chip when i put my nose near the rear of the machine near fuse. Smells like a bad car amplifier. The fuse looks fine. I came across a photo of the same machine on a classified listing and their plug end looks different than mine. Could i have been given the wrong power cord when i bought it?? The sellers were not the original owners and had no knowledge of operating the machine. So back to my question, do you have this laminator? Can you take a photo of the wall plug end?

MikePro

maybe you don't have the correct power supply to the machine? either way, maybe the specs would help:

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 10.20.04 AM.png

MikePro

nah, i don't think it's the plug. might not be the same as the spec's, because its not the stock cord from the machine... they may have fitted a new male-end to match the wall socket, and the female-end is pretty standard for computers/printers/laminators.

best-guess, you may not have the right power run to the machine? or the contacts/wires inside of the machine itself may have just gotten corroded/fried? an electrician onsite would have a better idea than I, how to fix the issue.
laminators aren't that complicated, electrical-wise. bet if you open it up the issue will be easy to spot/fix.

njsignguy

thanks for the info, im going to open it up and take some pics. I dont know electrical stuff, ill call a friend. Thanks