• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop action for creating step and repeat banners

858Graphics

www.858graphics.com
I have to create step and repeat banners every day for work. Laying different logo's in the same position each time would take me 5-10 minutes.

I spent some time learning adobe actions and have made a downloadable action that makes the process easy and take under 30 seconds.

I'm sharing it for free because I like all you people and I'm sure we all have better things to do with out time.

http://davidhay.org/Tutorials/download-free-step-and-repeat-photoshop-action.html

Attachments

• normal.jpg
    normal.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 456
Last edited by a moderator:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks nice - can a Photoshop action be used in Illustrator (or be modified to work there)?

wayne k
guam usa

MikeD

Actions can be taken a step further in PSD by turning them into "droplets."
File> Automate>Create Droplet...
This creates what amounts to an icon that you can drag multiple files onto, and your original action will run on all of them.

Illustrator also has the ability to record steps to make Actions.

858Graphics

www.858graphics.com
Thanks for the info MikeD, I'll research how to turn this into a droplet.

This action is made for photoshop, I'm sure it could be tweaked for illustrator.

mnapuran

Good deal.....

However, most of the S&R's we do are more custom and have more logo's.... just finished one yesterday and there was no way we could do an action for it.