• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop Help Please

deadman

My knowledge of Photoshop is very limited. The person who usually handles these tasks for me is unavailable.

I work in Gerber, so the work I am creating is starting in a vector format.

How would I blend the photos into the background, so that it looks like they fade into the background color?

I am using Adobe Photoshop CS

Attachments

• ac sample.jpg
    ac sample.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 85

signguy 55

Easiest would be a gaussian blur or vignette filter. Don't know if that's the effect you are looking for or not.

stephenj148

put an inner glow of the same color as the background on them.

there is an "F" in the layers panel, use that >inner glow play with the settings until you find something thats pleasing

sfr table hockey

Make sure you have feather set at about 40 or so (feather may not show up till you click on the dotted rec. shape or whatever it is set on) then below the black pointer arrow (2nd icon down) the dotted rec. or oval etc. Select it and click on the photo layer and then use that dotted shape to go inside the photo depending on how much you want cut off. Once the dotted shape is in place, use ctrl C to copy that section with the fade and then ctrl J to place that photo onto a new layer. You won't see the fade until you either click the (eye) to turn off the original layer or just select the photo again and move it.
Try more or less feather.

JoshLoring

How would I blend the photos into the background, so that it looks like they fade into the background color?

Tell your client that the photos look better without a fade and leave it how it is. Photos with blurred edges into backgrounds look tacky.