• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Photoshop help with customer please

Pippin Decals

I have a customer who had a design made by a friend in Photoshop for the front glass of his tattoo parlor .There was no image pasting etc, He drew this up somehow from scratch and I dont know how to tell him how to save it so i get the full image and highest resolution without any loss of detail so it can be printed.I only use Ai cc and im not very good in photoshop..So i hope someone has an idea so i can tell him how to save it without losing anything from the image when he sends it to me..Thank you Very much..

bannertime

If it was me, I'd ask for the original PSD file, if it didn't have any text. Otherwise I may ask for a 300 dpi tiff or pdf with a jpeg for proofing. I have some of my proficient design customers send 150dpi half-size jpegs. So it really just depends on how the original file was setup. Is it just a 5in x 5in 72dpi canvas or a full size 300 dpi file?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
He should be able to give you the original PSD file which you can then place in Illustrator. If not, have him "flatten" the layers and save it in TIF, JPG or PDF.

Pippin Decals

Ok ,thank you Bannertime and Fred Weiss.This is the file im trying to get him to send a higher res etc to me to have printed but he is only sending a lower res etc. It needs to be printed at about a 3 foot wide by whatever it is tall/... i uploaded the file he sent..

Attachments

• 18176157_10207116881758799_1858179010_o.jpg
    18176157_10207116881758799_1858179010_o.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 466

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Is the designer being stingy with the file?
I'd get an estimate from Vector Doctor and vectorize it...

shoresigns

What did he do use another one to copy from and change it for his name ? He isnt being stingy, I just dont think he knows what he is doing exactly..
Are there really people out there that innocently don't realise that it's bad to rip off someone else's artwork? I don't believe that for a second.

WildWestDesigns

Are there really people out there that innocently don't realise that it's bad to rip off someone else's artwork?

I don't think anyone thinks that it isn't bad to rip someone off, I think it's more of along the lines of what they think ripping off is.

I think, for most people, it's hard to think about ownership when talking about something that is digital versus something that is physical. Now this is just me speculating and I'm not saying that I agree with that logic at all, I just think it's what they perceive as what is ripping off.

I wouldn't be surprised that people are just uneducated (don't know if it's a lack of interest or something else) in the realm of what constitutes ownership. I've seen people think that buying a perpetual license for software constitutes owning said software and it doesn't

"Ownership" just seems to be a different animal in this digital age. Not saying what I do or don't agree with, just saying what I think the potential thorn could be. At least my speculation of what that thorn would be.