• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop image changing colors when printed

dghound42

President
Our company does canvas printing on a jv33-160.

Our issue is that the color changes when our designer saves the file thus changing the outcome of the print.

For example, designer creates a file using rgb 110, 110, 110. When we open file on other computers it is saved as 110, 111, 111.

Any suggestions?

J Hill Designs

nah not your printer profiles, but make sure you are both using the same one, and/or set photoshop to not ignore input profiles

dghound42

President
thanks for your help but i still do not understand. basically we have multiple designers and when they are saving their images the color is different than what they originally made.

Techman

the machines all need to be profiled to a standard. Plus each monitor will always display some differences in color.

From these wrods you have enough info to go research it. There is so much to know that a post here will never help you enough.

J Hill Designs

yeah i dont think looking different is the problem - the numbers actually change apparently. make sure in edit -> color settings that the policies are to keep embedded profiles, and when saving, embed profiles. and make the profiles the same on all computers

4R Graphics

As Jhilldesigns last post said.

Save the artwork with a set profile and embedd that profile when you save it and set up all your computers to use the embedded profile.

This should help you out.

I noticed when you use pantone colors in RGB mode that the numbers shift but if you use LAB all is good.

There is alot to color managment it can get very nerve racking.

I have been learnig alot and was very supprised to find that CMYK does not really have a standard but RGB has a couple and that most rips when working with our type of printers well usually produce better results and a larger color gamut than you would get just using CMYK to design in.

Anyways like stated above you need to setup all computers to use the same settings.

dghound42

President
Thanks for your response. I will try using RGB and see if that helps.

The main colors we are having issues with are green, grey and brown. This problem has got to get fixed ASAP otherwise I am going to have to hire someone to help.

4R Graphics

Learned something neww yesterday thought I would post it here for you.

When designing especially in different color space than what your document is. Example RGB document and using color tool and inputting cmyk numbers that the numbers change the reason for this is a few things one the profile will adjust the cmyk value to a rgb value that is as close as you can get because they dont match also colors may display different on different monitors even calibrated ones as the numbers will be shifted in the monitors profile.

As for the displaying color your monitor does the same thing your printer does it takes the color numbers from your image and bounces them against a table (ICC) and then displays them based on the profile numbers table so even calibrated monitors can display a little differently (although often hard to actually see it).

Color managment is tricky but like the above posts if you set everything up to use the same stuff you should be good.

Also just how different is 110, 110, 110 to 110,111, 111 You probably cant even really see it. I know its not what you want but is it really that different?