• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pick apart please... i'm stuck

mtmdesigns

any suggestions?

Attachments

• ag.jpg
    ag.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 163

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The colors.

I can't put my finger on it, but they're either clashing or too close or something. It's too frickin' late.... or early in the morning to be too critical for me.

Jillbeans

I love slime green but not in this instance.
I'd orange up the yellow just a tad and make the green part orange.
I think I'd lose the outer glow too (the green part)
Other than that it's fine.
Love....Jill

Jesse_gvi

Yeah, the colors in the badge are a tad too close. I thought it was a gradient at first. I'm not liking the green outline around the whole thing either.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I would take the 4 square background in the circle and part and make it a single solid (maybe with a gradient fade from dark around the edges to bright in the center) Your metal "reflections" don't match their shapes ... throw a stroke the same width as the crown around that little bar (which I'm assuming is part of the crown) that is right below it, remove the drop shadow on the banner (doesn't match the same angle as the "Gelato" or make it the same angle ... personally I think just a nice outline around the "Auto" would be better. And lastly, I wouldn't outline everything in a bright green unless you have a dark background and you WANT everyone to see the black outline that is on everything ... I wouldn't want that so I wouldn't include it.

signswi

I actually think it's the Red and Orange that are the problems, not the lime and lemon. They're too close to primary / too far away from citrus. Think Blood Orange and Orange (the fruits) not "red" and "orange" and you'd be closer to something that works with the lime and lemon colors and the Gelato feel. You might also want to experiment with losing the black and grey in favor of something with a touch of friendly tone.

Marlene

try it with some other colors. also, make the crown a soild color. the overall look of it isnt bad but the colors aren't working

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That is just it. You don't know what the product is. When I see it, I think of Cadillac for some reason -- maybe it's the crown.

Heh, I thought I saw the KING there as in Burger King............ or a court jester of sorts.

mtmdesigns

grand prix drifting long beach 2011

thanks for the responses, trying to start a line of gelato/sorbet. have a partner and he is in love with the name, I'm trying to get used to it. The gelato is good though. Trying to do something a little different, these have been a hard couple years.

We have 3 trucks that we rent out for events for companies that need product frozen or kept cool during events and we wrap the trucks and then peel off. looking for any other suggestions it could be used for as well. cheers>

Attachments

• nos.jpg
    nos.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 102

Marlene

thanks for the responses, trying to start a line of gelato/sorbet

wow, that logo is so not a food product looking at all. Baz is right, it does look more like a used car lot which is what I thougth it was since I didn't nknow what a gelato was. now I know, it just seems like a totally wrong direction to go as it sure doesn't make me want an icy treat!