• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help pinch rollers

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I have an old roland plotter that I bought used. Camm 1 Pro. GX500. I need to replace the pinch rollers. I have the new pinch rollers. I would like to get a couple of e clamps along with the e clamp tool to remove them with. Does anyone have any idea of where to get the e clamp wrench and the eclamps from? Also, I THINK I can figure out how to replace it. I watched a YOUTUBE video and it's actually kind of funny because when they are pulling the pinch roller out their fingers are in the way on the video so you really can't see how it's done.

Does anyone know the size I need for the eclamp wrench?

JulieS

Ha, you must have watched the same Youtube video I did. Not very helpful, right? ;-)
I'm so glad you asked your question because I didn't realize there is a tool to help install those slippery little things! Amazon has them. They call them "e-clip"s.
upload_2021-1-8_8-2-32.png

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I always just jam a small standard screwdriver to the clip and turn it so it pops out really nice. Or with pliers if there's space and it's a big clip. You just need to watch out it doesn't fly away.
Putting it back, insert it on the top where it should go and pinch with pliers.

Method 2 and 3 if you don't have the tool.
https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-E-Clips

netsol

yes take it off with a small screwdriver

put it back with a small needle nose plier or a hemostat

it's one of those jobs where you will drop the ring, and curse, but the third time, or so, it gets easier

JulieS

Do I need all of these things? Do you think?

I will definitely be getting one of the special tools for myself. I've done it several times with just needlenose pliers and screwdriver, as suggested, but it took me a lot longer than it should have and was very frustrating.

Attila Nagy

Do not need tool, just use a screwdriver or pin. Make sure you cover the gaps under the roller. they like to jump inside the cutter. The original rollers for Roland have different diameter the inner and outer side. make sure the inner side is the smaller they are normally marked. I have done it hundreds of times.

Joe House

As someone who has replaced many of those, the tool does help. You need one for a 3mm clip. I use the one on the left. I haven't lost a clip yet since getting the tool. If you don't want to buy the tool, you can use a screwdriver for removal and needle nose pliers for putting them on, but things will fly.
I usually put a piece of magnetic sheet under the pinch wheel if I can before working on these. If that isn't available, I put a piece of transfer tape upside down on the platen to reduce the chance of the e-ring flying off somewhere.

Good Luck

netsol

well joe, you jinxed yourself now
the next clip you change will scoot across the floor and fall into a hetingbgrate

at least that i what would happen to me

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I always just jam a small standard screwdriver to the clip and turn it so it pops out really nice. Or with pliers if there's space and it's a big clip. You just need to watch out it doesn't fly away.
Putting it back, insert it on the top where it should go and pinch with pliers.

Method 2 and 3 if you don't have the tool.
https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-E-Clips
"just jam..." gets me in trouble every time. I won't be jamming anything anywhere ...LOL