• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pink banding on Roland SP-540i

Colin

Whenever I print a solid color background, I get these pinkish bands about every 17". Printing at Standard Quality in RVW. I've even tried converting the colored area to a bitmap (in CorelDraw), but that doesn't fix it. All test-prints are good.

Any solutions?

Attachments

• P1070460.JPG
    P1070460.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

LFC911

When you rotate the image does the band rotate with it or stay the same direction on the media?

Colin

No, it's always in the path of the print head. I'm fairly confident now that it's a static issue, and I have ordered an anti-static flex cord which I will receive next week.

Johnny Best

So you concurred it was not ink starvation caused by faulty dampers or bad material.
Report back how the anti-static flex cord works for you because I have that same issue when running dark grays. I solved my problem by running different material.

Colin

I wasn't getting any replies here in the Roland section, so I started the same thread in the Digital Printing section, where it has been covered more extensively:

Banding problem

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The encoder in the feed motor could be malfunctioning. Especially if it is happening at a regular interval. Sometimes you can tell if it is bad by just scrolling the media forward and listening to it carefully. If it makes a thumping noise and the media seems to skip every once in a while, it's most likely a bad PF encoder.