• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pinstriping?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I ordered a new custom saddle a couple of weeks ago from a good friend and saddle maker. He wanted to know if I wanted any carving on the leather. Not stamping, that's what you get when you buy something off the shelf. I thought some and decided I didn't want any sort for traditional oak leaf or floral decoration but it occurred to me that just the right pinstripe pattern might look nice as well as be unique.

I wore the edges off the pages of Mega Collection I and II books which contain an impressive amount of clip-art pinstriping and Google images but nothing grabbed me. A couple of things had possibilities but nothing really grabbed me.

upload_2018-3-8_18-1-12.jpeg

The two areas of interest are the bottom corner of the fenders [the piece from which the stirrup hangs] and the back corner of the skirt indicated by the orange areas. The two pinstripe samples are the flavor I'm looking for. Simple and elegant. The two black lines on the skirt and fender represent a pair of lines carved into the leather 2'2" apart. I want the pinstripe to be part of the inner line. I realize that whatever I find that's suitable will have to be warped into the right shape to fit the areas.

Any ideas? Places to look? Volunteers?

Attachments

• pinstripe.jpg
    pinstripe.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 136