• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pirated Aurora Graphics DVD's

Capital Signs

Where do I start so this does not turn into "lets bash chris" fest...

I learned about some "rapture" DVD's, volume 1, 2, and 3 for sale on another Sign Forum... We agreed on a price, I paid via paypal, and they just arrived about 30 minutes ago.

Excited as can be to begin doing some wraps with these aurora graphics dvd's, i opened the box, and to my surprise, The dvd covers look completely scanned, so do the labels on the dvd's themselves.

I dont want to assume, so i dont get "myself" into a heap of a mess and called out, so I would like to take the appropriate steps in order to resolve this issue.

What are the proper steps here that I need to take in order to report these.

1. Contact Aurora Graphics about seller?
2. Paypal for money back?
3. Return to seller/or Aurora Graphics?

In that order, or do I need do something else.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks...

Capital Signs

P.S. I owned Rapture "Half Body Wraps Vol. 1" before I got these today, and that is how I compared the "real deal" to these rip offs that are apparent to me.

SignBurst PCs

Honestly, you probably wouldn't believe how many sign shops have asked me to install, use, and troubleshoot pirated software.

As a computer professional, there is no way I will even touch pirated software. What they do on their own computers is their own business. I think it is wrong (stealing) and I won't do it. Most of them still install it, they just install it themselves.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I commend you for bringing this up.

What to do:

• Call Dave Dorsey at Aurora and report it.
  • Put in a dispute with PayPal.
  • Do not return the goods to the seller.

I would expect that Dorsey will want to prosecute the seller so he will want you to supply him with the product you received and any other documentation. If the seller is doing this on an ongoing basis then he would probably only need enough from you to make his own buy. You should decide how you want to handle this. If it were me (and I can't speak for Dave Dorsey) I would supply you with legal copies of whatever you bought as fair reward for your honesty and inconvenience and then arrange a pickup from you of the illegal copies.

Capital Signs

Thanks fred. I appreciate that. I talked with the other guy, greg, or name starting with a G... Anyways, Dave was out to lunch, I spoke it over with him, and he said Dave would call me when he got in. This is a "Federal" offense he said, interstatal mail fraud.

Ugh... This guy is in for a real treat!

Grafix USA

Yeah a dispute with PayPal after you talk to Aurora will get your money back. So you should be good and it would be a good gesture if Aurora replaced your copies. Let us know how it goes.

Capital Signs

Why would I send you the cd's? They are dvd's. I dont have any cd's to send.

Either way, they will be going to aurora graphics. Not House Of Graphix.

:)

gvgraphics

PayPal looks at proof of delivery for their dispute policy. There is a good chance you wont get the money back. But if you can get Dave to contact them on the issue it just might work in your favor.

Capital Signs

Hmm... I guess. I dont know if it would be fair of me to ask for them to send me out legit copies. If he offered, then I would take it, but I dont know about asking him for some. (As a reward persay as fred said)