• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PixMax by Monster Doodles HELP

alphahunter

Hey,

I started my signwriting / vinyl wrapping business a year ago now and I have put up with a PixMax vinyl plotter since.

I didn't want to go for a very cheap ebay thing / I couldn't afford a Roland - so this was in the middle and I had read a review somewhere that they're quite good!

Don't get me wrong - when it works - its perfect (which is 75% of the time)

But some days its more temperamental than any girlfriend I've ever had!

It will be cutting out the decal but all of a sudden go suicidal on me and start scoring through the work its already done or just running off the width of the plotter causing self harm (belt is juddering as the blade unit tries to go through the side wall of the plotter).

It can literally chew through meters and meters of vinyl doing this costing me a fortune!

I was using Inkscape to make the vector file and Sign Cut pro to cut it - but I can also use Illustrator to make the vector files but the same stuff happens.

Normally happens on big jobs (large qtys or large decals).

Anyone else had a problem like this with any plotter?

Bigdawg

Just Me
I'm not familiar with your plotter, but my old Masters cutter used to do the same thing. Exactly the same thing. It would be happily cutting away and then BAM - start scoring across the vinyl and believe me - this big girl moved pretty fast to hit the off switch! But I don't think it's a software issue... and this is just my opinion... I think it's more of a problem that is inherent to cheap plotters. I've never had a Roland or Graphtec do me that way.

alphahunter

Thank you Stacey,

Looks like I will start saving those pennies! Had to start somewhere and this machine has more than paid for itself!!!!