• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plastic cards

Mark H

Hello,

I'm exploring printing plastic cards (business cards) on my flatbed and I am interested in any tips & tricks you might have. Actually it could be more than business card sizes, could be postcard size, basically any size that can be printed multiple up on a 4x8 sheet. What kind of template do you use.? Do you use paper and throw it away after each job/set of jobs? Do you make a template that can be used over & over such as having a template made buy cutting out a pattern in the same thickness material? Using a thicker material and routing out the card shapes to the depth of the material being printed?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Make a Jig/Template, we do them all the time now for a client of ours who needs spot runs consistently.

We make a foam backer and a thin acrylic jig. We gone it together so its solid but still replaceable. Having a Jig makes repeatability a near guarantee.

Mark H

Why the from backer? Why not set the cards directly on the bed? Is the jig the same thickness as the cards and place on top of the foam? I'd love to see a pic it you can post one. Thanks for the info!