• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help plastic dock number

Signs & Designs

does anyone know where I can find this 2 color sheet. I need to cnc the dock space lettering into it. I have found some from harbor sales and others but I need it to be 1/8" thick and two color, white on top with blue or black. Thanks in advance Bob

Attachments

• Dock Number.JPG
    Dock Number.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 198

Signs & Designs

Yes That's what I saw at Harbor sales, was just wondering where you find the 1/8". I just don't know if the 1/4" will be to tall that people will trip over them?

Signs & Designs

Thanks Guys would love to use the king color but at 1/4" I am afraid it might be to tall for the docks, will try a piece of rowmark which only comes in 24 x 48 for a full sheet and is double the price of king color

rossmosh

Walk into your local trophy/engraving shop and ask them to make some up for you. I do this kind of work basically every day.

Just to be clear, that definitely looks rotary/mechanically engraved. It is not laser engraved. The only reason I bring this up is on rotary plastic, the top cap is thicker than on laser friendly plastic. It will likely make it more durable.

Signs & Designs

Walk into your local trophy/engraving shop and ask them to make some up for you. I do this kind of work basically every day.

Just to be clear, that definitely looks rotary/mechanically engraved. It is not laser engraved. The only reason I bring this up is on rotary plastic, the top cap is thicker than on laser friendly plastic. It will likely make it more durable.
I will be doing this on the cnc not laser. I need about 300 4 x 6 Thanks

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
It looks like 3mm ACM to me as well.

You may be able to find an edge rounding bit as well. I know Zund is coming out with one, but it may be easier just to use a handheld router to round the edge.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
1/8" thick.. black core white face. looks like 3mm dibond to me.
You know, I thought that, too- but I'd think that would have a sharp edge to the cleaned out parts, even as thin as the face of most ACM is, that might cut someone stepping on them, which I why I suggested an engraving material like Rowmark.

Last edited: