• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help Cyan not printing or printing black on SP-300v

dsstrainer

I have an SP-300v that recently ran out of Cyan...
I bought this used and have been using it fine for months. I printed a graphic with blues on 4 days ago was alerted that evening that the cyan ink was empty. This is the first time I've replaced the ink cartridge. When I put the new eco-sol max CY cartridge in today, it seems blues do not print in my graphics.
I perform routine cleanings and everything looks ok from the inside. When I do a test print, I see all 4 colors but when I print a small blue rectangle, it comes out black. Any ideas?

Last edited:

dsstrainer

Ok I got it working finally... not sure if I did the best things but this is what I did

1. Normal routine cleaning with swabs and solution around the heads and caps. Then printed a blue square. (Didn't help, still black)
2. Ran the "Cleaning" menu option. Then printed a blue square. (Didn't help, still black)
3. Ran the "Pump-up" menu option. I hear a lot of people say this is bad to do because it sucks your entire ink cartridge dry, but the menu told me to remove all cartridges before starting so that wasn't a problem.

After it does the pumping, which drains ink from the printer, then it turns off. I turned it back on and reinstalled the ink cartridges and it pumps ink back into the printer. Then printed a blue square and viola! Blue is back in full bloom. Ran some test prints and everything is working great once again.

So YMMV but hope this helps someone else.

SMNR

Ok I got it working finally... not sure if I did the best things but this is what I did

1. Normal routine cleaning with swabs and solution around the heads and caps. Then printed a blue square. (Didn't help, still black)
2. Ran the "Cleaning" menu option. Then printed a blue square. (Didn't help, still black)
3. Ran the "Pump-up" menu option. I hear a lot of people say this is bad to do because it sucks your entire ink cartridge dry, but the menu told me to remove all cartridges before starting so that wasn't a problem.

After it does the pumping, which drains ink from the printer, then it turns off. I turned it back on and reinstalled the ink cartridges and it pumps ink back into the printer. Then printed a blue square and viola! Blue is back in full bloom. Ran some test prints and everything is working great once again.

So YMMV but hope this helps someone else.
Dude! Thank you so much for this, I was trying everything to get my blue to stop printing black after putting new ink cartridges in. This is what finally solved it!

cornholio

Hi, your problem was that your captop or pump isn't working fine.
When there is a "liquid bridge"(captop not sucked empty, before it covers the head over a extended period of time) over the two channels on a printhead, ink flows from a fuller cartridge to the one with the lower niveau.
So this can happen again, unless you fix the issue. Captop and maybe pump replacement.

netsol

or POSSIBLY the pump needs to be flushed (isopropyl into the waste container.)
EITHER WAY the captop has to go, i would think
drain lines need a good flush, as well, before you change pump, but cornholio has you on the path to success

spooledUP7

cornholio is right as well as having a kickass name. The Captop caused this issue and it will return if you don't do something about it.
You can go into cleaning service mode to expose the captops or you can power off and manually lower the captop from below (probably best to do it by the book if you have never done the manual lowering before)
Then use a syringe to pour Roland cleaning solvent onto the captops. If they are clogged then you will see a bubble of cleaning fluid last. They should just saturate the solvent and look normal within a few seconds. If not, then keep adding solvent, remove the rubber drain lines from the y-pipe and pull the solvent through using suction. Do this a few times until they drain on their own. BTW, do this within 30 mins so you don't dry out the heads.
Finally, run the cleaning feature every day when you are not using it so the captops don't get clogged again.
One other thing. Next time, pull the cover off the printhead carriage, pull the affected damper off and use a syringe to pull the ink through the line until you get the line to run solid color. I suggest replacing the damper too.