• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

please help I'm new pnc 1100

awilcox

okay here we go I bought a roland pnc 1100 and computer and software come to find out the software and computer are junk. I got a different computer I had a pc repair man install coral paint pro (he said it was good) and he install the driver as well. I have the plotter hooked up to the computer with a parallel port but I can't get the plotter to do anything. it is stuck in the menu I can't get it past that I'm not sure what to do next please help me!! I spent a lot of money on this for it to not work at all. I have read your guys post and you all seem very helpful I hope you can help me

Thank you in advance
desperate
amber

Bogie

Turn it off, turn it back on - is there a menu or readout on the front of the plotter? What does it say?

awilcox

I turn it on and off all it does is shows me what it is and then goes to the menu I can go thru the menu over and over again and get nowwhere is is suppose to say anything else or always be in the menu. I've tried to print simple number to see if it would work and nothing not even a peep out of the machine I've been in tears for three days now HELP
amber

OldPaint

what are you tryin to do???? CUT VINYL????? YOU CANT CUT VINYL FROM COREL PHOTO PAINT!!!!!!!!
YOU CAN CUT FROM COREL DRAW...............
WHAT OPERATING SYS?
WHAT VERSION OF COREL?
HOW ARE YOU CONNECTED TO PLTTER/COMPUTER?
you need to d/l driver for rolanddga.com you need to get file dO29270J.exe

awilcox

I have windows xp on the computer I'm using a parallel port to connect it is corel pro photo shop or something like that yeah I'm trying to cut vinyl. what do I do to get it to work I have that file on the computer
any suggestions

gvgraphics

Have you installed the driver? Also you can not cut from Paint Shop Pro. You can cut from Corel with a bridge program. Corel Paint Shop Pro is a vector/Raster imaging program for print only, You will need to get Sign software or Corel Graphics Suit with a bridge program to cut from it. To be honest, the way you have this setup, it will never work.

awilcox

okay so what do I need to do to make it work I have already invested a lot of money into it so the most practical way would be the best what do I need to get and what will it cost what program exactly where do I find it I have the driver installed already please I really appriciate all of your suggestions
amber

Service Sign Co

I've got an old 16 bit program Sign Mate origanally came with the old Roland plotters. My old boat anchor is a PNC 1210 You should have got the right software to run it when you bought the plotter. Sign Mate is really nothing more than a bridge to run from other programs that are VECTOR based, like Corel or Illustrator. LPT port key and manuals for reference, if you are interested PM

Service Sign Co

Had sone kind of problem with PM this program will not likely load on XP which means an uninevetible upgrade, plus don't expect much from the plotter being that the buffer memory is so low unless you're cutting numbers for race cars it's not likely to handle much more than that. I would suggest windows 98 for producing, XP for e-mail & designing and networking them.

awilcox

what is the next step what do I need to do to make it work how do I know the plotter works in the first place please help
thanks amber

OldPaint

ypu can cut right from corel draw.....to plotter...get the driver i said to get, install it. have COREL DRAW INSTALLED, INSTALL DRIVER....call me 850-044-5060 friday after 1 pm.....and i will get you set up to cut....RIGHT FROM COREL...

neato

Old Paint hit the nail on the head. You can cut from Corel Paint Pro, or Photo Paint, or Photoshop or any other raster program.

You HAVE to have a vector program like Corel DRAW, Flexi, Illustrator etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Corel-Draw-Grap...ryZ41878QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So that's what you need to do to get it running. Sorry, but it does take some $$ up front to start making signs.

Sounds like you've got a lot to learn about sign making. But that's why we're here.

Welcome!

Taurusndixie

Old copy of SignMate, Windows 98, serial connection, design in CorelDraw, export .esp file to Signmate folder, open SignMate, import .eps file, tell SignMate what color you wish to cut, make sure you have correct amount of vinyl loaded and press cut.

Good Luck

gvgraphics

Old Paint hit the nail on the head. You can cut from Corel Paint Pro, or Photo Paint, or Photoshop or any other raster program.

You HAVE to have a vector program like Corel DRAW, Flexi, Illustrator etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Corel-Draw-Grap...ryZ41878QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So that's what you need to do to get it running. Sorry, but it does take some $$ up front to start making signs.

Sounds like you've got a lot to learn about sign making. But that's why we're here.

Welcome!

That sentence should say, You can NOT

Just correcting it so you don't get more confused.

Flame

First off, understand a couple things.

1. You need vector software, not raster (you have a raster program, sorry). You need to buy CorelDraw.

2. You have, an ANCIENT machine that will won't perform too well. If you want to cut vinyl, I'd suggest selling it and buying a used Graphtec or Summa, that is a bit newer, a LOT faster, and easier to learn about and get support for.

3. I'm assuming you have zero experience with these machines? Well... time to start reading some books and going through this site from top to bottom. There is a LOT to learn out there, time to get cracking!!!

Good luck!:thumb: