• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help with my first LED Backlit Experiment!

RyanFelty

Okay so my friend wants a standoff sign about 6' wide by maybe 2.5-3' high out of brushed aluminum.... What I will do is get his logo and company name router cut out of the brushed aluminum from a buddy of mine with a router. This is no problem, but here is where I do not have much experience. There are some parts that need the have white led light showing through and others red. Where can I find something like this that is somewhat user friendly? And where do I start? Do you box of the certain sections you want certain colors so the lights do not all run together? The light or light strip would need to be pretty thin and flexible sice it will only be about an inch or so off the wall? I really want to figure this out because it will turn into a huge order if I can figure it out. Thanks!!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Post up a sketch of what you are trying to do.
The areas you want backlit and the red/white zones
LED lighting is pretty user friendly for simple set-ups.

wayne k
guam usa

RyanFelty

So all the Black would be backlit in white and all the red would be backlit in Red.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 116

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Quick question first...... why are you going to backlight a sign that already has external lamps ??

RyanFelty

That is just the example of the file that is not where the sign is going... this is going to be an indoor standoff sign out of brushed aluminum. He wants some parts lit up white and some red.