• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Please Help With Questions Regarding Fuse Resistant

Nick Ng

Hi Everyone, I have an Epson S50675 printer.

I did some fuse testing with a multi-meter earlier to see if I have any blown fuse or bad print head cable. Here is what happened:

- Fuse (F9) for head #2 is not responding to the multimeter, but ribbon cable from the main board does have a normal resistant for head #2.

Here is the result from the latest Nozzle Check which is completely different than the nozzle check I did 2 weeks ago. At this point should I replace the Fuse (F12) for head #2 to solve this issue?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

netsol

Premium Subscriber
nick, do a voltage check on the fuses
put the meter on dc volts
ground the black lead to chassis or one of the screws the retain the circuit boards
i have never had to do this to one of my epsons, but on my rolands the voltage for hesd fuses is 41 vdc

one side of the bad fuse will have normal voltage (approx 40v)
the other side will either be 40 as well, or 0

Nick Ng

Hi! I just did a voltage test and the head #2 is reading 20 and the other side is 0. Head #1 is reading 0 and 0 on both side.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
fuse 2 is open and needs to be changed
fuse one still has a question mark
put the meter back on ohms lowest range
look for resistance, similar to the meter leads touching ech other
if not that fuse is probably blown as well