• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please Tell Me What This Weird Test Print Is Caused By. (sp540v)

signmeup

I've been having an issue with my printer since it malfunctioned and parked with it's heads uncapped last week. I have missing sections of my magenta head.

I have been unable to clear the gaps in the magenta head. I've soaked, dabbed, powerful cleaned and sucked it for several days now.

Now I see the "gaps" seem to bleed into the yellow overnight. I've installed a new magenta damper and tried 2 new caps on the magenta/yellow head with no change.

What's it all about? Time for a new head?

Adrian

Attachments

• Test Print.JPG
    Test Print.JPG
    872.4 KB · Views: 432

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would test for clogs in the cap top tubes, the Y connector, the pump, and the waste tube. If you can flush solution through it should be good. Next I would replace dampers which you already have. If you didn't change the O-rings along with them, I would put new o-rings on. Check for damaged ink line that may be letting a little air in while you are in there. Next I would try a new yellow and magenta cartridge and run a hard cleaning to get the ink moving. Sometimes bad cartridges will cause cross contamination like this. If all is good, unfortunately the head is probably bad.

Joe House

I see you have issues with cyan in the same area. When I see problems lined up like that, I suspect a head crash, especially when you state that the printer malfunctioned with the heads uncapped. Have you looked at the bottom of the print head? Are there any scratch marks? It would also help to know what printer we're talking about.

signmeup

Printer = Roland SP540V.(see title)

Thanks for the tips guys. I found no clogs and replaced the O rings etc.

I've ordered a head. I suspect physical damage as I had a devil of a time getting the new cap to seal. I tried 2 different ones and it seems to still be leaking a tiny bit. I'll have one more go at the back edge with some cleaning fluid on a swab, while I'm waiting. The printer has had a new black head in the last 2 years but the magenta one is original(10years?) It still prints fairly well as it is. The bleeding is annoying but minor.

signmeup

These old Rolands are built like tanks. I'll post up how the head swap goes. I may post up for help during.

Adrian