• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pleaseee help me with the color RED!!

RyanFelty

Okay so I have been struggling with this for too long now and need some advice. Does anyone printing with a CET machine have a good solid Christmas Red cmyk mix that works well for them? Obviously, I understand that machines and profiles and everything is different but I am just at trial and error stages now printing small sample colors. I am willing to try anything right now. Thanks in advance!

RyanFelty

You guys are awesome I got it... I just wanted to make sure i was in the right direction. I can hit red on the Mutoh all day but on our CET Flatbed I have always struggled. I finally had some down time today and got it figured out. Pat I am running Onyx 10 with Nazdar inks if that helps at all. Thanks again for the help everyone!

dypinc

It would be inside the design program. Which program are you using to setup your files.

WHAT? In your design program? Maybe if you can live with CM off.

Your I ICC output profile is probably your limitation that is why we use Spot Color libraries with CMYK output values to get max gamut from our printers. Most RIPs allow creation of a color chart with variations of CMYK output values. Find the best match and save that as a spot color library or use the replace color function to set the output values that best match to color you are trying to print, bypassing color management for that color only.

dypinc

If you using Photoshop you are working in RGB correct? Or, CMYK with High Gamut working profile?

Last edited:

dypinc

Convert it to CMYK where and to what CMYK profile? If converting to offset press profiles it is no wonder you can't get a good red.

Best to create vector artwork. Assign spot colors and determined new output values in the RIP to the printer if need be. If using raster artwork use RGB and let RIP covert to output profile.