• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter /cutter to mx decals

robahl

Hi iam just getting started to make motocross decals in sweden and i have a Roland sp 300v thats great but i think a really need a better cutter in the near future.
soo what do you excperts recommend i need a cutter that can handle material like convex hi bond 6 mil with pro shield 12 mil.
My dealer her in sweden recommend me a graphtec fc 8000 or graphtec ce 5000..??

Thanks for a great forum
Robert

CS-SignSupply-TT

Which cutter for CONVEX?

Hi iam just getting started to make motocross decals in sweden and i have a Roland sp 300v thats great but i think a really need a better cutter in the near future.
soo what do you excperts recommend i need a cutter that can handle material like convex hi bond 6 mil with pro shield 12 mil.
My dealer her in sweden recommend me a graphtec fc 8000 or graphtec ce 5000..??

Thanks for a great forum
Robert

The graphtec ce 5000 will NOT do the job!

TresL

Graphtec would be my last choice.
Just search on REG mark issues & Worst service in the industry!

We use both a Summa 75t & our Roland300v all day long for cutting MX graphics.

robahl

Thanks for fast replay.
can you use the versaworks with the graphtec fc8000 or must i send over the file to an other program that comes with graphtec?

robahl

Thanks TresL now i want the summa :)
Is the summa easy to work with i mean togheter with the sp 300 ? do send over the cuting files to it or?? iam just using versa works right now so i just wondering.

TresL

No, Versaworks is only for Roland products.
You will need the free software from Summa, or you can use Flexi, CoCut or some others.

Contact Summa Phil on this board. He can get you set up.

robahl

Tresl how have you set up your summa ? what blade do you have, material, preseur speed , and what program do you use?

Mosh

Been using Roland for 20+ years, I still have one from 1992 runnning. I know
other shops with different brands I have outlasted many times over.

CRD

Ok same here but X4 which is enough.
I use a Summa D60R.
Currently busy with VBA inside Corel to automate design and set up to ease up steps that I need every design again.
If you opt to go for the Summa then they have coreldraw macro to make regmarks. It is already there for download to try at the summa page. Very easy to use from inside corel. It is called Winplot. try for your concenience first.

I enhanced this regmark workflow so it also makes the design outlines put all in seperate layers and so on.
This reduces repeated steps time after time.
Witht he VBA automation I now can just by the click of a button which layer to activate or hide for printing and cutting sequence.

Pic one is a standard saved page I can recall by the click of a button.
I added the shapes in the cutlayer.
Then I hit one macro button.
Pic 2 shows the layers added and others switched on and off automaticly.
For the ease it also copies some shapes to other layes so they can be combined to made cover up templates for cut and print.
Pic 3 is the final template where you can select by a click of macro button how to proceed when the hwole file is ready to print and cut.

Let me know if this is of use to share.

Paco

Attachments

• 1-empty design at A0 size.jpg
    1-empty design at A0 size.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 214
  • 2-added layers and stuff.jpg
    2-added layers and stuff.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 3- ready to use fill in template.jpg
    3- ready to use fill in template.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 166

robahl

Hi Paco i was little tofast it was a little bit harder to understand that a thought.
Is there any youtube clip that i can see? how to doit.
Or have you made somthing in coreldraw that makes it easier?
if i understand right you dont have to click on every cut line manually when you gona send the cut lines to winplot. ??