• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

plotter not cutting into vinyl after about 6in

0igo

so my graphtec is having this supper weird problem, the second half of any of my jobs it doesnt cut out. the plotter looks as if it cuts but finish product nothing is cut (second half only, the weird part is that it does cut out the weed lines completely though. its driving me nuts i dont know what to do. any help is appreciated.

0igo

And your test cut (triangle in a square) cuts perfect? - several across the width?

i dont know let me check. i tried cutting out various things in different sizes all seem to go wrong at half way point of the job (not the machine).

rcook99

Check your teflon cut strip, It may be badly worn in one area and that may be causing your problems.

0igo

thanks for the help guys, I got it fixed, pushed the blade out a bit and tightened the holder and that worked! now I'm in trouble again, I can't countour cut, after I press "ok" on flexisign, it doesn't scan for registration marks it just starts cutting like a long serial number /:. any help?

Jburns

check your user manual-- there is a setting about where the unit takes commands from for conditions- the software or the plotter.

this MAY help :)

rcook99

Not sure about Flexi but in Signlab I have to move the plotter so the blade is just inside the registration mark and then I hit "ok" and it finds the first and any others on the page most of the time.