• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter suggestions for cutting Nikkalite Ultralite II vinyl

sleepyeyed

I'm looking to find the best vinyl cutter for cutting Nikkalite Ultralite II material. I currently have a Mimaki CG-130SR III and it won't cut it accurately. If I create a 2' x 2' rounded corner square then the beginning and end cuts are misaligned. It's as if the material is slipping between the pinchwheels. We also have a Gerber Odyssey that cuts it accurately enough, but it's nearly 20 years old and is showing signs of its age. I'm afraid it's on its last legs. Currently I've looked into the Summa brand of printers and will be sending them the material for them to demo for me, but I'm curious about other brands that can handle this heavy reflective material. Your suggestions are appreciated.

bannertime

I recently cut about a thousand 8x8 rounded corner squares out of some Nikkalite, on my Vinyl Express plotter. Worked just fine. I won't be using Nikkalite anymore except for cheap throwaway type stuff. However, the Graphtech/VE plotters have handled reflective for us for nearly 18 years.