• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help plotter woes

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
My roland gx500 is pausing during cutting. Like it's a bit stuck. Any ideas what's causing it? It continues to cut. But my suspicion is that dirt is lodged in the rollers.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

DonutSlinger

Media sensor maybe. SOmetimes the vinyl in the front or back lifts up for whatever reason and it can pause and then resumes once the media comes down.

Jburns

Does this happen on small and large files (ie tons of nodes) alike?
Are you connected on serial port or USB?

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Does this happen on small and large files (ie tons of nodes) alike?
Are you connected on serial port or USB?
It's a usb port. And these were very clean files. It wasn't horribly huge.

I'm leaning toward dirt under the rollers (not pinch rollers, but the heavy metal in the machine that roll the media back and forth). would this cause it to pause? It only happened on one media run. Right after that it didn't happen again.

De.signs Nanaimo

If it only happened once it was probably a computer hiccup, maybe downloading files, or stuck in a loop. Computers know when I am near, they seem to screw up more the closer I get.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
If it only happened once it was probably a computer hiccup, maybe downloading files, or stuck in a loop. Computers know when I am near, they seem to screw up more the closer I get.
It kept happening during this one job. But it didn't happen after. Or before. But I've been having problems with the way it has been acting lately. It cuts off a bit on one side. That's why I'm about to change the pinch rollers to see if it corrects that. It's got a jiggly wire too. So it could be ANYTHING. lol