• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotting from CorelDraw, long plots...

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Hey Guys, I'm using a dinosaur of a machine, Ioline Studio 8 as my plotter. Back when dad bought the machine new, we used WinPlot, then Cas-mate, and now IQ Plot. When I upgraded computers from XP to Windows 7, I was no longer able to use Casmate, so we started using IQ Plot, exporting PLT files. Everything works ok, except I can not figure out what parameters I can use to be able to plot over 7' long. If anyone has ever found a solution, please let me know. I'm currently using X5 and X6.

Thanks

I don't know. But there are mulitiple testimonies on their website that the people say they do long runs with excellent tracking. I wonder if you could try to email the company.

letterman7

It may be machine limited. Is there a control on the panel on the cutter that allows you to change the parameter from either "sheet feet" to "roll feed"? Or, change the length of the sheet?

It may be machine limited. Is there a control on the panel on the cutter that allows you to change the parameter from either "sheet feet" to "roll feed"? Or, change the length of the sheet?

If anything the length would be in the settings on the software. These plotters are incredibly simple minded.

OldPaint

PLOTTING FROM COREL......... can do 120 feet.........to a roland....think this 7 foot limit is the plotter problem. back in 90's i had a roland PNC-1000, and everything was limited to 62.99. now the better sign programs..........auotmaticallly paneled to a 2nd 62.99.... or 3rd if needed.

Bretbyron

^^^^^

My Roland PC60 was the same way. There was something with the DIP switches that would make it go a little further, but I pretty much planned around it and spliced or section many signs.:covereyes:

I remember the first time, it just sat there cutting a straight line back and forth over and over again in the scan direction.:banghead:

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I would give up, but I have run 120-150 inch plots through it in the past when I could control it better. The program IQ Plot from Ioline is designed for a newer plotter, but I was thinking I had found something to change it before, I just can't remember if it was in the way I exported from Corel or something in the program.

As far as Ioline's ability to track, well, maybe not bad for a 1994 model, but it doesn't compare to my printer. What I can say about the Ioline is that it's a workhorse. Many, many miles of vinyl have been run through it and it still cuts nearly as good as it did 20 years ago.