• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Plotting issue Mimaki cg 130 fx finecut 8 and coreldraw x5

Stephen Paul

Ok here's the situation I'm trying to get my CG-130FX to plot but unfortunately I don't have the computer that I use to plot from so I have had to re set up everything and I must be missing something because it won't work and I am unsure why. **Special note on the plotter the USB port is broken so I have to use the RS232C 25 pin port, which is what it used to plot from.

System and applications:
-Windows XP SP3
-CorelDraw Graphics Suite X5
-Finecut 8.0.3 (XP Compatible) (X5 Compatible)

Cables I've tried:
-Serial to RS232c
-RS232c to RS232c

When I use the rs232c to rs232c the mimaki goes into an err20 state which is communication issue

When I use the serial to rs232c it does not go into an error state but tells me to check printer port properties even though they are all set to COM1 and have identical settings.

Not sure what else there is I can change or do to make this work I feel like this should be working from all the research I've done with correct software and drivers and all.

biljax

Ok here's the situation I'm trying to get my CG-130FX to plot but unfortunately I don't have the computer that I use to plot from so I have had to re set up everything and I must be missing something because it won't work and I am unsure why. **Special note on the plotter the USB port is broken so I have to use the RS232C 25 pin port, which is what it used to plot from.

System and applications:
-Windows XP SP3
-CorelDraw Graphics Suite X5
-Finecut 8.0.3 (XP Compatible) (X5 Compatible)

Cables I've tried:
-Serial to RS232c
-RS232c to RS232c

When I use the rs232c to rs232c the mimaki goes into an err20 state which is communication issue

When I use the serial to rs232c it does not go into an error state but tells me to check printer port properties even though they are all set to COM1 and have identical settings.

Not sure what else there is I can change or do to make this work I feel like this should be working from all the research I've done with correct software and drivers and all.