• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

plotting wrong size

signwizz

when i make a rectangle say 12x12 i send to plot and it is cutting 11.75x11.75 does anyone know why this is doing this or is there a setting in production manager that i need to change???

thanks shane

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Software?
Is this a new cutter for you?

We need more information to go of.

You may have to do an size adjustment on your cutter.

TechnoLett

Sounds to me like a resolution value in the cutter configuration! Normally with American and Japanese plotters the resolution is 1016 but some for some Chinese plotters this value needs to be adjusted to higher or lower depending on how much your off the correct size and this is exceptional for plotters with stepper motors! 1016 value is the number of steps the motor moves the carriage to equal an inch this could also be in centimeters or millimeters so do the conversion math! Plotters equipped with servo-motors this is hardly never the case! Good Luck! In your case you may need to increase the resolution value.