• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plumber sells truck but leaves the decals. ISIS uses his truck with decals still on..

thinksigns

SnowFlake

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-12-21 at 11.52.16 AM.png
    Screen shot 2016-12-21 at 11.52.16 AM.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 598

Billct2

Yep that's a while ago, but a good lesson. I knew someone who's trucks I did have everything go bad, divorce, bankruptcy, foreclosure etc.
That was years ago, there are still a few of his trucks around with his graphics on them, must kill him every time he sees one.

shoresigns

A month or two before ISIS started making world headlines, we did a large window decal install of "ISIS" logos for a fitness club - it was an acronym for Integrated something or other. Shortly thereafter I received a hilarious email stating that they've decided to rebrand "now that these four letters are highly unpopular", and could we please redo their windows.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Funny, I was invested in ISIS Pharmaceuticals when they decided to change their name to Ionis Pharmaceuticals.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We work with the Nissan and Toyota dealers here and every time I see one of those convoys of trucks I imagine them cringing at the product placement.
Those 2 brands seem to be really popular over there.

10sacer

Yeah - Lowe's started carrying a digital thermostat line called ISIS and like literally a month later changed it all to IRIS.
Anyone remember when the diet candy called AYDS came out - right before the AIDS crisis?

Attachments

• 127.jpg
    127.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 239

chartle

Steering this back to decals not sure what to make of this part of the story.

(Former owner of the truck) is seeking $1 million in damages against AutoNation Ford Gulf Freeway, where he says an employee stopped him from removing his plumbing company’s logo before he sold them his Ford F250 in October 2013.

We send a few vans a year to auction and always remove the decals. Don't full clean it up but remove our name.

Johnny Best

Maybe the plumber had that already set up with a 50 caliber to use when collecting his bills from deadbeat customers. Those plumbing bills can get high.