• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PNC 1050 Cutting issue ?

Bunky67

I have been cutting with my PNC -1050, and for the most part I think I have it figured out, but some times the vinyl will be cut, but in certain area's the backing is being cut through, and if I'm cutting two decals side by side they are cut through on the same spots. sometimes they are letters, and This I know is because the letters are too small, but other times the area "Cut or Poked " through can be on a straight line,

I run a test cut and it seems to cut just fine,

Here's my Settings,
Offset 9
Smoothing on
speed 20ms
Font ANSI
UP/Down speed 20 cm/s
Sheet Light
Test Cut 140g

From the previous owners instruction and markings on the dial I feel that I'm using too much pressure, is my blade needing replaced or the cutting strip need replaced?

Does the settings seem right ?

OldPaint

140 tells me the blade is getting dull or the cutting strip is worn. a new blade in a ROLAND with a good cutting stripe....70-80....NO MORE. i had ROLAND PNC-1000 & PNC-1100'S and now have a CX-300.........and when i get over 100 i change out the blade.......

Bunky67

Cutting Strip

First I want to say thanks for the Replies,

Today I went to my Local Wensco and talked to their Roland Tech person, He too said that It sounded like I needed to change the strip, and to check my offset, he told me 0.25 for 45 degree blade, and .50 offset for a 60 degree blade. this I had set for my 45 degree.

They had one cut protection strip in stock and say that they are discontinued, so now I have to look for another source or an aftermarket that will work.

If anyone has found an alternative please let me know

Thanks again

Techman

you can make 100 cut strips via purchasing some HDPE 1/16 sheet or whatever thickness your strip is..

a life time supply for the price of one strip.

Mcmaster carr has it by the roll in various lengths and widths. I have not purchased a wear strip in years.

OldPaint

THE CUT STRIPE.....FOR ANY ROLAND PLOTTER....... will work on the PNC-1050!!!! only thing is you will have to CUT LENGTH to fit the PNC-1050. the stripe for any PNC-XXXX or CM-24 will work.

Bunky67

Thanks

Thanks For the Tips and Help again.

After speaking with Roland they gave me a couple of part numbers to use and just cut to length

Thanks for the help :thankyou: