Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PNC 1050 Cutting issue ?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Bunky67, Jan 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Bunky67

Bunky67 Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Battle Creek, MI
    I have been cutting with my PNC -1050, and for the most part I think I have it figured out, but some times the vinyl will be cut, but in certain area's the backing is being cut through, and if I'm cutting two decals side by side they are cut through on the same spots. sometimes they are letters, and This I know is because the letters are too small, but other times the area "Cut or Poked " through can be on a straight line,

I run a test cut and it seems to cut just fine,

Here's my Settings,
    Offset 9
    Smoothing on
    speed 20ms
    Font ANSI
    UP/Down speed 20 cm/s
    Sheet Light
    Test Cut 140g

From the previous owners instruction and markings on the dial I feel that I'm using too much pressure, is my blade needing replaced or the cutting strip need replaced?

Does the settings seem right ?

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    change the wear strip;

3. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

140 tells me the blade is getting dull or the cutting strip is worn. a new blade in a ROLAND with a good cutting stripe....70-80....NO MORE. i had ROLAND PNC-1000 & PNC-1100'S and now have a CX-300.........and when i get over 100 i change out the blade.......

4. Bunky67

Bunky67 Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Battle Creek, MI
    Cutting Strip

First I want to say thanks for the Replies,

Today I went to my Local Wensco and talked to their Roland Tech person, He too said that It sounded like I needed to change the strip, and to check my offset, he told me 0.25 for 45 degree blade, and .50 offset for a 60 degree blade. this I had set for my 45 degree.

They had one cut protection strip in stock and say that they are discontinued, so now I have to look for another source or an aftermarket that will work.

If anyone has found an alternative please let me know

Thanks again

5. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    you can make 100 cut strips via purchasing some HDPE 1/16 sheet or whatever thickness your strip is..

a life time supply for the price of one strip.

Mcmaster carr has it by the roll in various lengths and widths. I have not purchased a wear strip in years.

6. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

THE CUT STRIPE.....FOR ANY ROLAND PLOTTER....... will work on the PNC-1050!!!! only thing is you will have to CUT LENGTH to fit the PNC-1050. the stripe for any PNC-XXXX or CM-24 will work.

7. Bunky67

Bunky67 Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Battle Creek, MI
    Thanks

Thanks For the Tips and Help again.

After speaking with Roland they gave me a couple of part numbers to use and just cut to length

Thanks for the help :thankyou: