• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PNC950 Help AGAIN!!!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

For a few years I had this Roland workhorse working just fine with Corel. I didn't touch it for a few months and all of a sudden the computer wouldn't communicate with the plotter anymore... it just prints out a line of what looks like an internal code. I've tried every cable configuration, including a null modem it used to work with. I've reinstalled the print drivers as well. No luck. I recently got another Gerber software program and the Roland is in the selection list of plotters to install. I'm wondering if the Gerber program has a driver for the plotter built in? Might I now have two competing drivers installed? Any suggestions on what I might try next? I need this working for patterns for a line of hand lettered interior decor signs I'm designing for restaurants and bars a la Red Lobster.

round man

from what i recall that problem isn't with the cables but with the settings on the keypad of the plotter,...make sure it is online and the vinyl size is correct along with the plotter communication language being the proper language for your software driver. the gerber driver is included with the gerber software and should communicate via a null modem cable and plot thru gerber plot,..I would not try to use the "print" command as one would with the windows driver provided by roland

Arlo Kalon 2.0

from what i recall that problem isn't with the cables but with the settings on the keypad of the plotter,...make sure it is online and the vinyl size is correct along with the plotter communication language being the proper language for your software driver. the gerber driver is included with the gerber software and should communicate via a null modem cable and plot thru gerber plot,..I would not try to use the "print" command as one would with the windows driver provided by roland

Thanks a lot. This gives me a new approach to try. The plotter was set up as a printer for Corel when it was working fine and was attached to a null modem which I thankfully still have. I will try deleting the printer and selecting the plotter again in GSP setup. I figured they had a driver for it with the software. Now, all I have to do is try to figure out the HPGL thing also mentioned since Tony Teveris mentioned that to me too when I had this problem before.