• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pole sign materials and mounting suggestions

jimbug72

Was hoping for some insight on a project for a customer.

He's wanting a side mount pole sign "kinda like the old gas stations" but on a lamp type of post (see attachment.) He doesn't want a pole arm sign but something more like a flag mounted sign. He will be installing the pole himself, his plan is to pour a concrete foot with threaded rods for mounting.

I'm looking for any suggestions for substrate and mounting bracket options, and pole suppliers.

I've not dug too deeply for poles yet but I've found something akin to what he wants at https://www.signbracketstore.com/post-and-panel/8-fluted-post.html

He wants the pole to only be about 8 feet tall, so I'm thinking about 36"x24" approximately for the sign.

While not beach front, he's located on a sea island here on the coast so it will be subject to some strong winds/harsh conditions.

Signbracketstore.com has some mounting brackets but most of what I've seen I worry won't hold up against the wind load for a sign this size.

As for the sign I was thinking .080 aluminum. It will be a double sided sign.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Attachments

• Pole-Sign-Concept.jpg
    Pole-Sign-Concept.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 111