• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Polishing bit

Derf

We use a 6mm x 12mm cutting length single flute acrylic polishing bit. About $130ea The trick is to do a 0.007" in set clean up pass while the parts are held down very well. Get the RPM up as high as you can go. Climb mill at about 40ipm. Let the bit get some heat in it. Also make sure the channel is clear of any chips before clean up pass. We are also blowing air from two nozzles at the bit as it cuts. When the parts come off they may need a little hand buffing but very clean.

Derf

DATRON Brand Bits from Germany

Single Flute End Mill with Polished Cutting Edge [ Part No. 0078360E ]

Micrograin solid carbide end mill with single flute and flat bottom

30° upcut spiral

shank without clamping surface DIN 6535-HA

For this tool, optimised for plastic machining, in addition to
the additional polish-grinding, the cutting geometry was also reworked, the cutting angles are now designed much sharper. Compared to universal single-flutes, this leads to a considerably more sharp cutting edge.

With this, top-quality surface results can be realised on plastic contours.

Gene@mpls

Thank you sir- I have a 36x48 laser but occasionally need larger blanks that we put second surface vinyl on. Gene