• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Poll... Is this site still slow?

Is this site slow to load?

• Yes

Votes: 28 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters

ikarasu

Very slow for me still. I know it seems like it's just slow for a "Few" users... but most of the "Regulars" who post a lot are the ones complaining.

It seems like more people have posted that it's slow rather than that it's not. So while it might seem like just a few of the vocal people are getting a slow site... I'm sure a lot of traffic from people without accounts, or people that could care less about posting are experiencing it as well.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
So weird... had no one said anything, I wouldn't have ever noticed this issue.
Nothing feels different from this side of the world compared to any other time I've browsed the site in years. I click and pages load in ~1 second.

ikarasu

1 second isnt bad. But sometimes it'll sit there loading for literally 30 seconds. It'll be stuck on "connecting" with nothing happening... hitting refresh sometimes fixes it and causes it to load quickly... but more often than not it takes a good 20-30 seconds to load a page, or send a reply.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Oh I wasn't complaining about my times at all... for me the site has felt the same speed as any other website which I consider very good.
Bizarre that it is affecting different people though. Doesn't make a lot of sense unless there are some weird routing issues based on location.

WildWestDesigns

Not slow at all. It may also depend on what browser you are using. Works fine in Lynx.

Attachments

• lynx.png
    lynx.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 76

ikarasu

Is everyone that is slow using Chrome browser? Using it on my phone and my pc and it's slow. I tried Firefox in both and it seems to be back to normal.... No slowdowns yet (knock on wood)

ikarasu

Yeah, it's got to be an issue with the site and chrome.

I just browsed for 5 mins with no slowdown on Firefox... Switched back to chrome and I'm back to 30 second loads :(

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Yeah, it's got to be an issue with the site and chrome.

I just browsed for 5 mins with no slowdown on Firefox... Switched back to chrome and I'm back to 30 second loads :(
Think you have it. FF is normal speed Chrome is executive branch speed.

Val47

I just got a new phone yesterday, and it's telling me there is an update to chrome, as of March 12. Hmmm

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I just tried it on Internet Explorer and it's still slow over there. I use Chrome 99.9% of the time. I'm using the Blue theme if that makes any difference. Going to try to switch to carbon. (Edit... nope that didn't work... still taking long)

WildWestDesigns

I just tried it on Internet Explorer and it's still slow over there. I use Chrome 99.9% of the time. I'm using the Blue theme if that makes any difference. Going to try to switch to carbon. (Edit... nope that didn't work... still taking long)

IE wouldn't have been a good bench mark anyway. I don't know if you are on 10 or what, but even Edge now would be like trying with Chromium which would be like Chrome.

Just did this post in LibreWolf, no issues there.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I tried both IE and Edge.

I would be interested in hearing from the people that have no issues. what browser are you using?? Seems crazy that someone in AUSTRALIA is getting faster connection then us in the states... server being located in the state I assume?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
85% of the people who responded say it's slow... it's seems only a small minority of people are not experiencing a problem... Really curious as to what the problem end up being.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
85% of the people who responded say it's slow... it's seems only a small minority of people are not experiencing a problem... Really curious as to what the problem end up being.
It's not that bad, there is a 20-minute commo lag between Nasa and the Mars rover.