• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Poly Carbonate Panel - Which side is which?

Switchblade

Hi, we have 2 panels of poly carbonate but one has a side labeled "this side to sun" and the other panel doesn't have the label on either side.

My question is- can you identify which side is the UV sensitive side with the naked eye or a tool?
ty
sb

henryz

Are the sheets off a role or flat sheets. Do they have a brand some polycarbonates are not UV so that's why it might not be labeled.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The rolls I order from NGlantz are rolled with the sun-side facing the outside. If I don't know I'll look at the curve of the edges. Don't know if that will work with old material.

ams

Nope I go by what it says on the wrap, don't ever remove the wrap and leave it around the shop. I suppose you could hold it up to a light to check it, but I don't see why there is a difference.