• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pontiac Trans Am logo

heyskull

Has anyone got this one it is for a 80-81?

Cheers
SC

Attachments

• trans am.jpg
    trans am.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 3,540

Stormyj

Just another guy
Just out of curiosity, how does a PHD on this forum not know how to take a graphic, trace it or search the font, recolor it and add cutlines? Just wondering.

heyskull

That's right I'm a PHD with over 30 years in this industry.

So I know a lot better.

But why would I want to spend a lot more than 5 mins on a 5 colour logo that is not as simple as it looks, for a customer that doesn't realise how long it takes to re-create a logo.
Especially if someone here is willing to share as I have shared.
If you look real closely at this it is not just an outline on a outline each layer would have to be digitised seperatley.

SC

TammieH

How much time have you spent looking for this logo? Time is time,

I generally look at something like this and decide if I can find this or not. This is a fairly easy trace then offset paths to create.

Marlene

google replacement vinyl logo for a 1981 Trans Am and see if you can buy one. they are out there as people restore these cars all the time. much easier than making one

Johnny Best

That's right I'm a PHD with over 30 years in this industry.

So I know a lot better.

But why would I want to spend a lot more than 5 mins on a 5 colour logo that is not as simple as it looks, for a customer that doesn't realise how long it takes to re-create a logo.
Especially if someone here is willing to share as I have shared.
If you look real closely at this it is not just an outline on a outline each layer would have to be digitised seperatley.

SC
My grandfather gave me a PHD when I was young, PostHoleDigger.

Marlene

LOL Iv'e done my fair share of post hole digging also.
Here in the UK the pontiac trans am is very rare and the chances of me ever re-using this logo is 0%

SC

that could work in your favor. are you replacing one decal? if so, do two. do your best knock off of the real thing and no one will know the difference. it would be like knocking off a McLaren logo over here. we would be clueless :)

rossmosh

First option is look on the interweb for HQ graphics that I can trace easily or better yet find vectors.

Second option is send the artwork out to have vectorized for $15. If you need an exact exact match, you might have to pay $30-50 to get the the artwork cleaned up.

If you don't have someone to send artwork for cleanup for a small fee, then that's on you.

Baz

Just googled for this and found nothing but OP's original picture.

Looks like it needs to be redone with vector software based off of the picture.
(the picture i got from Google is a good enough quality that you can see the details needed to rebuild it).

This sticker could easily go for 100.00$ by the time you create and produce it (not installed).
And since it is a rarity in the UK i would go up more.

Vinyldog

Should any consideration be given as to whether or not his is a registered trademark? Sorry if it's a stupid question but I am just a sophomore.

royster13

Why was this thread not shut down?...IMO it looks like the OP is trying avoid using a licenced source for the art and/or decals....I thought that was a "no no" on this forum....

Vinyldog

I installed probably about fifty of the Sharpline Converting version of the Trans-am graphics back when I first started out. I thought it was superior to the factory version in appearance. Universal products had one also.
The gawdy graphics were the worst thingabout the TA, so naturally that's what all the people with basemodels wanted most.