• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pop-up displays

poslive

Is anyone here printing pop-up display booths for trade shows? The kind that have a pop-up frame and the printed panels that adhere to magnetic strips on the frame? If so, what are you using for material? Do you laminate? We produced a few earlier this year that got all mangled in shipping and I need to find a more durable option than the 20mil styrene we used. The biggest issue we had was the edges of the print cracking and chipping off. We're running an HP L26500 and FB700; any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_3364.JPG
    IMG_3364.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 84

LeLuni

That's just the nature of the industry. Rough handling on the show floor and damage in shipping is very common.
Most booth staffers have no idea how to handle those oversized graphic panels and end up jamming them in the case. I don't believe the materials you are using are the problem.
Those cases can get very tight when graphics are in there, so you might want to source a separate molded case (just for graphics) for your customer.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You should source a fabric solution, that will fix the mangling issues I think. What laminate did you use? Typically people print a heavy 13-14 mil blockout film and then laminate with a 10Mil Polycarbonate

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We do them on 20 mil styrene as well, with matte laminate. Seem to hold up well.

You should have foam inserts that suspend the panel inside of the box for shipping. Then decorate the hell out of it with fragile stickers.