• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possible heads stuck open on Mutoh Falcon Outdoor

pitt59

I'm not sure whats going on here, but it appears as if the heads are stuck open. When I try to print an image I get a super dark black band that prints past the edge of the banner material. Also if I do a test print I get a blue and black band that extends all the way instead of the individual color blocks that normally come out. This problem is new and since then I have replaced both heads and both head cables.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? I think maybe a fuse might be shorted or something electrical.

Ive fixed my machine numerous times but am totally at my wits end. Any ideas or suggestions or if anyone has seen this before please direct me in the right direction

Attachments

• Muthoh Falcon Outdoor bad print 1.JPG
    Muthoh Falcon Outdoor bad print 1.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Muthoh Falcon Outdoor bad print 2.JPG
    Muthoh Falcon Outdoor bad print 2.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 115

kffernandez

egad! please pull the plug on your machine asap, and try to check the head circuitry for ink drips and reseat the cables.

i don't have a mutoh. but that looks too much like an electrical short on the heads. once, i saw my roland do something like that. and by the time i pulled the plug on my machine [ a full 30 sec or so], it had already shorted the fuse and a few transistors. :(

edit: i just noticed that you have already replaced heads and cables. this probably means that the short is somewhere in the carriage board or head board. [tho not sure if your mutoh has the same configuration as my roland] either way, check the electricals/boards, and hope/pray that your heads are still ok.

kelly

grafixhenk

If it was the fuses the heads would not print at all. Just by looking at the test print and it seems like both heads are doing the same thing it looks like the motherboard is out. Just in case check your ribbon cables but from my experience with the falcons it looks like the motherboard is out.

Pm me for more info if needed we still run several of these units and do have some extra parts floating around.