• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Post heating

altereddezignz

Hello everyone back again. I have a question or two about post heating. I go back and forth between heat gun and torch. Torch is great for some areas and heat gun for others. My question is about the long duration of time it takes to go over every inch of the vehicle to get to the 200-220 range. This takes forever. Anyone have any other ways to post heat quicker. I have looked at using the torch and even tried but it seems as most of the heat stays at the surface of the vinyl and really doesn't penetrate. The look is nice and glossy but i think this would cause more issues when trying to post heat a matte wrap.

I have seen guys use the large rose bud torches on a 20lb propane tank but i have not tried that as of yet as i am afraid to melt or scorch plastic areas.

Thanks for any input.

Desert_Signs

Is it really worth the 100 for 6 months? I think thats what the price was.

I think so. If you USE it. Justin has tons of great videos and there's new videos released at least once a week. There's also quite a bit of useful forms and stuff.

I find it nice to have a resource where you can look up almost any wrapping situation and find a video on it. It's made me a better wrap installer and it's great to show my guys how to do something so they can get the concept before they tackle it 'live'.

If you're not doing a lot of wraps or already are an expert, it might not be worth it to you.

3m has a new app (available on android and IOS) called COSMO. It also has a lot of videos. Actually a neat little app, and it's free. Recently released. We have a Certificate of 3m MCS warranty, so they told us about it when it came out.

I'd install the 3m mobile app and play with it. If you find it has a lot of value to you, I'd pretty much bet that Justin's site would be beneficial to you as it's similar content with a LOT more detail.