• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PosterShop 10.1 Help

bgraphix

I have 2 problems.

1. I had to re-install PosterShop to a different computer and since then the only files I can open in Preflight and print now are .tiff files. On my old computer I was able to open .ai .eps. .tiff .jpeg .pdf etc. Is there a simple solution as I searched hi and low in and couldn't find a setting? Jaws Level 3 RIP Execution always tells me an error has occurred for every file except a .tiff

2. This problem has been going on for quite some time on the previous computer I had PosterShop installed on and now on the new computer as well. When I send a job to print (my printers are HP L26500's) the printers aren't being triggered to start printing. It's like there's no communication between the two and the only way to get it to print is to shut down both the Rip-Queue and the printer, restart them both and then they are somehow communicating again. If you've dealt with an HP L26500, you would know this is a long process for the printer to reboot. I did notice that this happens most of the time when I go to send my first print of the day. If the printer goes into sleep mode during that day after, it's usually fine and comes out of sleep mode when a print is sent. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hotspur

Memory & network issues

Please find suggestions below

I have 2 problems.

1. I had to re-install PosterShop to a different computer and since then the only files I can open in Preflight and print now are .tiff files. On my old computer I was able to open .ai .eps. .tiff .jpeg .pdf etc. Is there a simple solution as I searched hi and low in and couldn't find a setting? Jaws Level 3 RIP Execution always tells me an error has occurred for every file except a .tiff

Could be a memory issue on the new PC - try the following:

In the Onyx Rip-Queue select the Setup menu, Postscript, Configure Rip. Locate the option called MALLOCPAGES. Place a check mark next to this option and then click Edit. Set the numerical value to 131072 and then click OK - try re-ripping a fresh copy of the job.

2. This problem has been going on for quite some time on the previous computer I had PosterShop installed on and now on the new computer as well. When I send a job to print (my printers are HP L26500's) the printers aren't being triggered to start printing. It's like there's no communication between the two and the only way to get it to print is to shut down both the Rip-Queue and the printer, restart them both and then they are somehow communicating again. If you've dealt with an HP L26500, you would know this is a long process for the printer to reboot. I did notice that this happens most of the time when I go to send my first print of the day. If the printer goes into sleep mode during that day after, it's usually fine and comes out of sleep mode when a print is sent. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know of a solution?

This sounds like a networking issue. It could be you have fixed IP addresses that are in conflict, or the DHCP is allocating different addresses that should be fixed.

To troubleshoot turn off all firewalls and antivirus and then attach a direct cable from Onyx PC to the printer.

Then manually set a fixed IP address to both PC network card and the printer (remembering to tell Onyx of any changes to the printers IP address) and run a few jobs.

Thanks in advance for any help.[/QUOTE]

bgraphix

Please find suggestions below

Could be a memory issue on the new PC - try the following:

In the Onyx Rip-Queue select the Setup menu, Postscript, Configure Rip. Locate the option called MALLOCPAGES. Place a check mark next to this option and then click Edit. Set the numerical value to 131072 and then click OK - try re-ripping a fresh copy of the job.

Hi Hotspur,
I tried your suggestion and it was already checked. I changed the numerical value and it still did not work.

nate

I have 2 problems.

-Could be an issue with the key or permissions. JAWS doesn't RIP TIF/JPEG files. JAWS does your postscript/PDF files.
- Could be a problem with JAWS itself (bad install, corrupt file, etc)

bgraphix

Problem #1 figured out

I called Onyx and it was an easy fix. Because I had Illustrator installed on the same computer, when I re-installed, Onyx automatically imported those fonts which aren't supported... or something like that.

Now to deal with Problem #2 when I have time to mess with the cables as I have 2 printers and the cables go to a router. They aren't all easy accessible.