• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Power Clip vector object into vector object?

knucklehead

I was asked about powerclipping an EPS file into a vector object. Example, make a name using bold font, powerclip EPS zebra stripes into name. Looks like regular powerclip. Then when I go to wireframe, there are no zebra stripes, no nothing, completely blank. Is powerclip only for raster images? Any ideas? Didn't find anything in my 982 page manual, either. This is using CorelDraw X-4. Thanks

knucklehead

Thanks J Hill, did that, lost the outline of the letters.

I did powerclip as usual, got the blank letters in the wireframe, exported as EPS file, imported into flexi, hit cut/plot, and there are the stripes. Got me?

niksagkram

I was asked about powerclipping an EPS file into a vector object. Example, make a name using bold font, powerclip EPS zebra stripes into name. Looks like regular powerclip. Then when I go to wireframe, there are no zebra stripes, no nothing, completely blank. Is powerclip only for raster images? Any ideas? Didn't find anything in my 982 page manual, either. This is using CorelDraw X-4. Thanks

Powerclip can be used for raster or vector. When you go to wireframe and see nothing, that is normal because your object is "inside" a container. If you want to retain "visibility" in wire frame mode, do as J Hill Designs suggested.

Mark

J Hill Designs

yeah I got you - I tried powerclip too - it does look right, but indeed not there in wireframe.

exported to eps, opened in omega, and the unclipped stripes are there

I dont see a way to 'expand appearance' or whatever, of the powerclip.

only way I can see is, convert outline to object (to keep your text outline) and then intersect the stripes and the original text

knucklehead

Thanks guys. We were just wandering about the cut lines. Typically, if the lines don't show in the wireframe, they won't be cut either. As long as they are in the final result, it's all good. Thanks again.