• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

power problem

signguy54

Not an artist
I was printing on the Mutoh 1624 and the substrate got caught on the cover (was stuck inside). After a few minutes the printer powered down. It would not power up. I was told to unplug it - turn it on - wait 20 minutes - turn it off - plug it in and then restart it. It would only begin to power up (Valuejet appeared in display, then version 2.08, then it would click off.

Was told it could be motherboard or power board. We opened it up (was told to smell for any electrical burning smell but didn't detect any).

Any insights? Similar experiences?

Thank you in advance.

pjfmeister

I had high tac vinyl get stuck once in a Mutoh caused it to crash like this. Ended up having to replace the mainboard....not fun!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
One trick I usually try on these 1204s when they have power issues is to remove the memory from the main board and clean the terminals. Then re-install. It sounds completely useless but it works a lot of the time. Other than that, you probably have a blown main board. Only way to know is to replace it or find someone who can test boards.

signguy54

Not an artist
One trick I usually try on these 1204s when they have power issues is to remove the memory from the main board and clean the terminals. Then re-install. It sounds completely useless but it works a lot of the time. Other than that, you probably have a blown main board. Only way to know is to replace it or find someone who can test boards.
Thank you for the insight. tpmorrow we will try the trick with the memory. If this doesn't work we are going to try a main board replacement. Getting help from another signs101 member.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thank you for the insight. tpmorrow we will try the trick with the memory. If this doesn't work we are going to try a main board replacement. Getting help from another signs101 member.

I just realized you are on a 1624 which has built in memory so it won't work. Hopefully you can get it going!

signguy54

Not an artist
well we have it booting up! Yay!

It won't print - head moves no ink drop. Boooo!

Ink flows through - we have done cleanings, etc and observed through the tubes.

Insight appreciated.

Randy

heyskull

I
well we have it booting up! Yay!

It won't print - head moves no ink drop. Boooo!

Ink flows through - we have done cleanings, etc and observed through the tubes.

Insight appreciated.

Randy

You probably have blown the F2 fuse on the mainboard.
I have had this issue before, but check the ribbon cables to the head also.
Please note the F2 fuse is very small and soldered to the board.
Their is loads of threads on this site regarding this.

SC

signguy54

Not an artist
I

You probably have blown the F2 fuse on the mainboard.
I have had this issue before, but check the ribbon cables to the head also.
Please note the F2 fuse is very small and soldered to the board.
Their is loads of threads on this site regarding this.

SC
you are on to something here! thank you...

[QUOTE = "signguy54, post: 1419519, member: 5336"] Saya sedang mencetak pada Mutoh 1624 dan media tersangkut di sampul (terjebak di dalam). Setelah beberapa menit, printer mati. Itu tidak akan menyala. Saya disuruh mencabutnya - hidupkan - tunggu 20 menit - matikan - tancapkan dan nyalakan kembali. Itu hanya akan mulai menyala (Valuejet muncul di layar, kemudian versi 2.08, kemudian akan diklik.

Diberitahu itu bisa motherboard atau papan daya. Kami membukanya (diberitahu untuk mencium bau listrik yang terbakar tetapi tidak mendeteksi adanya).

Ada wawasan? Pengalaman serupa?

Terima kasih sebelumnya. [/ QUOTE]