• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Power Rates Per Kilowatt Hour...

player

The cost of electricity is going through the roof around here in Ontario Canada.

The chart below is for residential. The commercial rates are way more and no
breaks during the day.

How much is it where you are?

attachment.php

Attachments

• hydro rates.jpg
    hydro rates.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 148

player

I was thinking about moving to a different Provence with 1/2 the rates...

Another thing our provincial govt did last week was sold off the utility for a
short term cash fix despite all big thinkers saying it was the worst move in history.

player

What I forgot to mention is all the other fees... Debt retirement, delivery etc.

My household bill is about $120 in usage but I pay around $350 with the charges.

Breakdown of Your Small Business Electricity Rates (kWh)*

General Service Energy-billed
(less than 50 kW demand)
General Service
- Urban Energy
General Service
- Energy
Electricity - up to 250,000 kWh/year:
Time-of-Use Prices (as of Nov. 1, 2015)
Off-Peak
Mid-Peak
On-Peak

RPP Tiered Prices (as of Nov. 1, 2015)
- First 750 kWh per month
(adjusted usage - ¢/kWh)
- Additional kWh
(adjusted usage - ¢/kWh)​

8.3 ¢
12.8¢
17.5¢

9.9¢

11.6¢​

8.3¢
12.8¢
17.5¢

9.9¢

11.6¢

2. Delivery: (as of January 1, 2015)

- Distribution service charge ($/month)
- Distribution volume charge (metered usage ¢/kWh)
- Transmission network charge (adjusted usage - ¢/kWh)
- Transmission connection charge (adjusted usage - ¢/kWh)
- Smart meter entity charge ($/month)**
- Line loss adjustment factor***

$32.63
2.25¢
0.62¢
0.39¢
$0.79

$33.88
5.35¢
0.57¢
0.37¢
$0.79
3. Regulatory charges:

- Standard supply service
administration charge ($/month)
- Rural rate protection charge (adjusted usage - ¢/kWh)
- Wholesale market service rate (adjusted usage - ¢/kWh)

$0.25****

0.13¢
0.44¢​

$0.25****

0.13¢
0.44¢​
Debt retirement charge[SUP]†[/SUP] (metered usage - ¢/kWh):​
0.70¢​
0.70¢​

CanuckSigns

I was thinking about moving to a different Provence with 1/2 the rates...

Another thing our provincial govt did last week was sold off the utility for a
short term cash fix despite all big thinkers saying it was the worst move in history.

I think pretty much every manufacturing company is going to be weighing the benefits of moving to another province soon. Add to that our new provincial pension plan and pretty soon it will be too expensive to operate in Ontario.

CanuckSigns

My 1000 sq/ft house uses about $200 every 2 months in electricity in the summer, in the winter that goes down to about $150

synergy_jim

.057 per kwh here in the states. The politicians decided it was time to de-regulate our utilities because it would " save " us money. Our rates used to be half of that....

rjssigns

Ours are $0.10267 per kWh.

Here's the kicker. Some years ago WPS said we need people to conserve and save money. We did such a good job of it they raised the rates to cover lost revenue.:frustrated::banghead::frustrated::banghead:

I wish I would have saved the newspaper with that headline.

Unless you start generating your own power you are absolutely SOL with the utilities. Even so the utility lobby(ALEC) is putting the crimp on people that have solar, windmills etc...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...916f88-c1c9-11e4-ad5c-3b8ce89f1b89_story.html

vizwiz

Thats nuts

I read your power bill figures and strike me blind I cannot fathom the difference. Its between 26 to 29cents AUS currency per KWH here in Australia.

S'N'S

I read your power bill figures and strike me blind I cannot fathom the difference. Its between 26 to 29cents AUS currency per KWH here in Australia.

Ours is 31.97c/kWh for Peak...............22.96c US
and 14.03c/kWh off peak

vizwiz

Yikes that's a lot!

At the risk of exposing myself as someone who is not very familiar with Australia - how do you guys make most of your power?

Just curious.

Coal, Brown coal that is very shallow especially here in Victoria and therefore the most easily accessible coal in the world.

We crush our easily accessible coal like grapes with our feet and so labour cost are hiking prices skyward.:smile: There is no real reason. After searching a few analytical papers on the subject, the answer generally comes to the same conclusion. Because they can.
Some say the carbon tax, but that's no longer around. Others blame the wire and pole upgrades in northern Australia ( I am in the south ). Government sits on their hands as it means more revenue. Can't win.

Sing a Song

Kiri

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Yikes that's a lot!

At the risk of exposing myself as someone who is not very familiar with Australia - how do you guys make most of your power?

Just curious.

Just to add to that... our petrol/gas prices have dropped to the lowest they've been in 8 years... equivalent to ~USD $2.40/gal.
Generally it's closer to the $4/gal mark though.