• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Power supply board repair

signjon921

my power supply board has gone bad on my d-60. Dang new one is over $300. Anyone know how to repair or who can?

I had my PS go out years ago, its a diode that probably cost 50 cents or less but no idea how to get its value once its died and Summa was no help in this (proprietary info and all)

what I did was found an external power supply and bypassed the onboard PS and soldered in an umbilical cord to the out put side of the onboard power supply. I do not remember the voltage out put but I believe it was 24V DC, it will be marked on your board, this will require disassembly of your plotter and a little modification of the housing to feed in the umbilical

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I guess I just don't understand your problem. You have a machine that makes you countless thousands of dollars a week/month and you can't afford to repair it for $300 ?? Especially.... when you hear how the other guy had to go about it.