• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Powerspec computers?

I need to get a new desktop computer. I'm on a budget of around $600. Long story short, my current computer purchased about 5 years ago (zt systems) crapped out on me.
I was looking at the powerspec b669 wich is microcenter's own brand.
I would post a link to it but I'm using my cell phone to post this.
Anyone have any experience or thoughts on powerspec computers?

S

Stan B

we have about 10 of them. On 2 we had to replace power supply, on 1 hard drive. We consider these "disposables" temporary office computers and they work just fine for that.

S

Stan B

can't remember... probably within 6mo on average (we don't have exact model you quoting, just the same brand)

genericname

If you're a little technical, or know someone who is, I really recommend building your own. The specs on the model you're looking at are pretty good, but there's no telling what kind of quality the parts themselves are, not to mention that you'd only be dealing with onboard video.

For probably just a hundred bucks more, you could put together a system that rivals its specs, but with higher quality components, and completely kick its ass in the video department.

Locals Find!

Call SignBurst PC's he is a merchant member here. I am sure he can work with you to get you a much better machine designed for this industry.

At least take the time and give him a call or shoot him a message.

W

www.esigns.com

Call SignBurst PC's he is a merchant member here. I am sure he can work with you to get you a much better machine designed for this industry.

At least take the time and give him a call or shoot him a message.

Double that

choucove

Double that

I'm not sure why you would say this. I've talked with Casey several times before and I can tell that he knows computers for the sign industry inside and out. There's probably not a better person I can think of to speak with about a computer system for the sign industry... and I'm even an owner of a computer business myself, so forgive me if I feel a little arrogant then in saying that I trust Casey knows what's best.

W

www.esigns.com

I'm not sure why you would say this. I've talked with Casey several times before and I can tell that he knows computers for the sign industry inside and out. There's probably not a better person I can think of to speak with about a computer system for the sign industry... and I'm even an owner of a computer business myself, so forgive me if I feel a little arrogant then in saying that I trust Casey knows what's best.

:omg: I thought it meant "I Agree 100%" ?

SignBurst PCs

I would be happy to talk to anyone here on Signs101 concerning computer related questions.

I appreciate Addy, Esigns, and Choucove recommending us. We do offer pre-configured solutions, but I am always willing to talk about building a custom computer. We do it quite often for shops who's needs fit outside of the norm.

I know what you meant Esigns :thumb:

choucove

Sorry about the confusion, I thought you were meaning something quite different, obviously! My apologies!

Decided to replace the HD on this oldie machine for now but I will need a new one soon so I will definitely call Sign Burst when the time comes.
Thanks for all the info everyone!

jrsc

For anything you get I highly recommend getting a solid state drive. I just put one in my computer and its amazing how fast it is. Well worth every penny for the speed it adds. I bet I save at least a half hour a day just waiting for programs and stuff to load. All adobe apps load completly in just 3-4 seconds and everything just runs super fast.