• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question PPG Paint code to Pantone?

Rat_Fink

Hello - I have a customer that would like me to print some graphics and he has a PPG paint code for the color that he would like (PPG74790 Viper Red).
He is not local so I can not see the color in person to match up myself.
Are there any online cross reference sites where I could get a close pantone match (or cmyk, lab, rgb values)?
Thanks for any information!

Rat_Fink

Hi there - thanks for the info, but it is not the Chrysler Viper Red. It is the PPG color called Viper Red. It is actually going on a Sea-Doo Watercraft.

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
- BASF 94820
- PPG 74790
- BRP B176
These are all the same color from different paint companies and they all lead back to Chrysler Viper Red.

Rat_Fink

PPG paint code for Chrysler Viper Red is PPG 73840 where Sea-Doo Viper Red is PPG 74790.
I might give it a shot and hope that it is close enough.

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
PPG paint code for Chrysler Viper Red is PPG 73840 where Sea-Doo Viper Red is PPG 74790.

What year is the sea doo because from what I've found different years have a different variation of red.

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
Yeah thats the right red but I dont see where anyone has the color value listed. But I did see where someone matched it with Cardinal red CMYK 0/83/74/26 which is close the the chrysler CMYK 0/84/80/21

bteifeld

Substratia Consulting,Printing,Ergosoft Reseller
edited- the files I originally referenced do not pertain to this class of paint, sorry.

Hello - I have a customer that would like me to print some graphics and he has a PPG paint code for the color that he would like (PPG74790 Viper Red).
He is not local so I can not see the color in person to match up myself.
Are there any online cross reference sites where I could get a close pantone match (or cmyk, lab, rgb values)?
Thanks for any information!

Last edited: