• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

preference setting

graphics guru

using felx 8 v1
windows 7 set to xp pack 2
not sure why but if i click the select tool..a box pops up with preference a the top// and ask how to drag select...same happens with text tool except asking stuff relative to text ...if i click select tool against an object it automatically switches to the rotate tool...back and forth...not sure ive seen this happen but its aggrevating
any suggestions..if looked and settings were set on original download...so i should not have to see these pop up all the time??

graphics guru

so if hit the selection tool...box pops up mid screen that says preference ...then it will do it on the text tool..so on so forth
and it does it each time ..i have to click it to continue...it shouldnt be popping up at all from what i can try post a pict later if that helps

graphics guru

yea rebooted..here is what keeps poppin up...i can still execute the functions...just hella aggrevating...i have to click the X or ok
SCEE.jpg

OADesign

Everything you describe only happens when you double click (as opposed to single). Is that what your doing? Or do you have some other software that controls mouse input that could be causing the problem?

graphics guru

im just single clicking like normal..
so on a whim i bought a new optical usb mouse
my computer guy installed both 3G and 2G USB ports
so i decided to plug into one of the 2G instead...so far seems be fine
not sure the corelation...any ideas?

GlavinID

Possibly a mouse click speed setting, I had a similar problem in a different program. You can change your mouse click speed in your mouse setup properties.

graphics guru

so the absolute last thing i would consider..because it would never even make sense..
i got a new usb optical mouse..plugged it to the 2G port instead instead of the 3G...and adjusted click speed..
seems to have remedied the situation....not sure the correlation..but be good FYI for folks in general...not just Flexiusers
thanks folks