Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premium Forums

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by JBurton, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Speaking as the former owner of Signs 101, when I created the Premium Membership, the main issue that was addressed was largely the only issue of any importance. That was the creation of the Premium Forums. The issue was privacy from posts here showing up on search engine results or being viewable by the general public or anyone other than a Premium Subscriber or an admin. If you wanted some advice on pricing a job, how to design it, build it or install it without letting the world read and watch your struggle, the PRIVATE Premium Forums was the solution offered.

Unfortunately, one of the main attractions of any blog or discussion forum is activity. Making them private and for paid subscribers only cut down so drastically on any active discussion taking place that the entire idea, for all intents, failed. At the time I think our membership was around 25,000 to 30,000 members with about 700 being what I would call active. Less than 10% of active members chose to become premium subscribers.

But the need for privacy in certain types of discussions is still there and the solution is as well. Perhaps Paul, the current Signs 101 owner, can find a better way to make premium subscriptions more attractive. Or, perhaps, regular members may ask themselves if they are getting a lot of value from Signs 101 without chipping in a reasonable price in return.

• Like Like x 2