• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pressure question

midnite

We have a VP 300 Versacam that we print and cut vinyl with, I printed some decals on Oracal Print media, and laminated with the recommended 210 laminate. After waiting 24 hrs I re installed the sheet to contour cut it, I had to use almost 400 gms of pressure to cut it so I could weed it decently, I am unfamiliar with this machine, is this normal, seems like a lot of pressure, blade is new.
Any thoughts ?

DizzyMarkus

We also have the same machine. Simple things first--- new blade?

We use the Clean Cut Blades from here:
http://www.cleancutblade.com/

On regular vinyl we cut around 64 - 70 with a brand new blade and around 71- 75 with a beat blade-- thats how we can tell its beat-- have to increase pressure to cut lol

Printed and lammed is 115 - 120 new blade and 121 - 128 beat blade

Our blade sticks out of the blade holder about the thickness of a credit card, try using one to set the depth.

Good luck,
Markus

InkjetAuction

Broken blade

VP series has a maximum downforce of 300 grams. Not sure where your 400 comes from...

In any case it's probably a broken blade... or possibly the thumbscrew holding in the bladeholder was not tightened (sounds silly but I see it).
There is a service downforce adjustment, but I've only seen it needed maybe a handful of times in my six years of servicing Roland printers.

~E

splizaat

Bring the blade out the thickness of a credit card. I'm with everyone else, something isn't right. even a broken off blade wouldn't require 400? I didn't know they'd even go that high.

We're 65-75 on regular vinyl. 120-135 on print+lam