• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Preventing prinhead from clogging

Marlon

Hi signs 101 members. I have a mimaki jv3 160s. I got an error code 7 and needed to replace my damaged printhead. Unfortunately, it will be replaced at 3 to 5 days time. How do i keep my other head from clogging? The machine wont start unless i get a new head. Help please.

WestbankKurt

You could try soaking the nozzles by filling the capping station with cleaning solution. i realize it is not a proper nozzel soaking procedure but it would keep them wet and perhaps all you would have to contend with is ink contamination and that is easy to get past.

ecraig

Nozzle Wash

like WestbankKurt said, you can fill the caps w/ cleaning solution.

we had to replace our white head because it had not been properly cleaned. the original use was doing test prints on white paper and could not see that the white was clogged/missfiring. and so it went for about two years until it just died. and it's an expensive replacement. so when we had the new one put in, the tech recommend we do a nozzle wash once a week and leave it for an hour.

gabagoo

Yes fill the caps and leave it but turn the main power off on the back or it could sleep clean and suck your fluid down to the waste

phototec

To avoid contamination

Soaking the head(s): Clamp off the drain line below the capping station, fill the capping station with cleaning solution, park the head on the capping station, turn off the power and pull out the ink cartridges to avoid contamination.

After soaking, reinstall ink carts, remove clamp, turn power back on.

:smile:

phototec

How often is this process required?

I soak my heads whenever I have clogged or deflected nozzles only!

It has always worked for me, sometimes I have had to soak the head over night.

Yes, you need to turn off both the sub power and main power as mentioned above.

:smile: